Ashley gave me this picture which is proudly hanging on my fridge at home! She was so afraid to tell me and felt horrible that she might be stealing my thunder, with the wedding and all coming up, but I reassured her that that didn't matter to me and I am so happy for the both of them!! I have been wanting a niece or nephew for a while now. I love babies and little kids and since it will be a while before I begin my own family and now all my younger cousins are growing up and getting older, its about time a new baby is around for me to love on and spoil! I am a little bummed that I will be leaving in a few short months for Atlanta and won't be nearly as close to baby sit or just stop by, but that just means I'll have to make a lot more trips home! The baby is due November 24th, Thanksgiving Day and the day before Ashley's birthday! This is going to be one eventful holiday season!! I've already walked through Target and looked at all the baby clothes and things and have had to physically stop myself from buying anything yet, mostly because we don't have medical evidence as of yet as to what they are having. But its only a matter of time until we find out! Congratulations, again, Ashley and Nate! I couldn't be more excited and happy for the two of you!!
Copy & Paste This Code:
Wednesday, April 27, 2011
Soon to be... AUNT LINDS!
Thats right, I am going to be an AUNT!! My sister and her husband are having a baby and I couldn't be more ecstatic! She first told me the Sunday after Joseph's birthday party. She didn't want to steal Joseph's Birthday thunder, so she and Nate waited until after the celebration to share their good news. They came over to my apartment to bring Joseph's birthday present from my mom that we forgot at their house the night before, or so that was their excuse. The four of us were just sitting around, talking, when all of a sudden there was a pause in the conversation and Ashley began with "Well, we have something to tell you guys.." and as soon as she opened her mouth to say those words, I just knew what was coming next - "You're going to be an Aunt and Uncle!" I was so happy that I started crying, which in turn made the mommy-to-be start crying. I could not be happier for them and cannot wait until my little niece (or nephew) arrives! And yes, I am already banking on it being a girl! I have confidence that Ashley can break the Prosser family all boys curse! There are no girls in the Prosser family (minus the wives that have married in) except for one: Nate's cousin, Turner and his wife, Sheree, have a little girl, Sydney. And I'm thinking (despite the fact that its the guy's chromosomes or whatever that decide the gender) that since in our family, the oldest is always a girl, if there is a girl, that they will be having a baby girl. For example, out of the three of us, Ashley (a girl) is the oldest. Out of my Aunt Debbie's family, their oldest is a girl (my cousin, Lauren). In my Uncle Nathan's family, out of their two kids, a girl is the oldest (my cousin, Katie). Out of my mom and all her brothers and sisters, my Aunt Debbie (A GIRL) is the oldest! And the last one: out of my grandma and all her brothers and sisters, a GIRL is the oldest! And if that isn't enough rock solid evidence that Ashley and Nate are having a girl, Ashley's friend does this trick with a string over your finger that determines whether you're having a boy or girl and it has been correct on Kerry and Sheree (Ashley's sister-in-law and cousin-in-law) so far. And wouldn't you know it said Ashley was having a girl! So yes, in a nutshell, my hopes are up for a niece! Here she (or maybe he) is:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Ahhh I'm so happy for you (and your sis of course) babies are so much fun and y'all are going to be great aunt and uncle. P.S. I'm kinda bummed you are moving too ;)
ReplyDelete