Over the past couple months, I’ve gotten a bite from the “DIY” bug. Well, may just a couple of nibbles…
Way back before football season began, I knew I wanted something FSU-y to hang on the front door. Luckily, I was able to copy my good friend, Tam’s football door hanger (thanks Tam for the inspiration!). It was so easy even I was able to pull it off! After buying some paint, brushes, and getting the burlap for free from my brother-in-law, I was all set!
The inspiration for my second project came from Rachel Ray’s magazine. While flipping through her Halloween issue, I found some candlesticks made from pumpkins and they were too cute for me to pass up!
I made one big mistake: I used real pumpkins. I should have known better but of course, I didn’t use my common sense and the candlesticks only lasted about a week. But they were super cute for a week! Now that busy season is over, I plan to look for fake pumpkins and re-do them.
First, I had my super helpful assistants drill a hole through the center of the pumpkins and also clean up the mess. Of course, I checked to make sure pumpkin is healthy for pooches before letting them chow down.
Next, I painted them, let dry, applied a second coat, let dry, and then added polka dots! I used a matte black and metallic orange paint.
And ta-da!
No comments:
Post a Comment