Copy & Paste This Code:

Sunday, February 3, 2013

The past two weeks

The past two weeks haven’t been the greatest. But the again, things could have been a lot worse.

First, I got a terrible cold. I mean coughing, runny nose, the whole works. On top of that, I had a lot of pain in my mouth. Let me take a couple steps back to say that I am in the process of having a bridge put in my mouth. I had a baby molar that never came out and didn’t have a permanent tooth underneath it. When I was younger, I got a cavity in that baby tooth and had it filled. A few months ago, the cavity started to come back and my dentist suggested I go ahead and have the bridge done. This process involved having the baby tooth extracted, having some work done on the two side teeth, and then having a fake tooth put in between. I had the baby tooth removed at the beginning of December and was supposed to have the permanent bridge a short 6 weeks later. Well, two infections and two months later and I still have a hole in my mouth where my bridge is supposed to be. And that’s where the pain in my mouth comes in. The week I had my cold, I got another infection in my mouth which I was unaware of and just felt a lot of pain. I asked my dentist to prescribe me something for the pain so he gave me something just short of a narcotic which made be sick to my stomach. Literally. The next day after trying the new pain med, I woke up with my cheek swollen and thought I was having an allergic reaction. Chris joked it looked like he had hit me (WHICH HE DID NOT!) or that I had dip in my lip. It was awful. It hurt to wash my face, put on make-up, open my mouth too wide to eat, and sleep on my side. I went to the dentist the next day and they found the infection and I started another round of antibiotics and got some more (less strong) pain meds. Now, instead of having my bridge put in this week and being done with this whole process, I have to go in for a follow up appointment to see if the infection is gone. If not, they will have to re-open the extraction site, dig out the infection, close it up, and then wait for it to heal before putting in the permanent bridge. If the infection is gone, then I will just schedule another appointment to have the permanent bridge put in. I’m really hoping it’s the latter.

Other than the cold and tooth, work started to get busy and I was working with some new teams on different projects. That can be the hard part of being a staff at my job sometimes or at least difficult for me. Having to be flexible and jump from different teams to new projects that you may not know what to expect or what you are doing. Don’t get me wrong though, I do like a new challenge. It was more the lack of communication from the team about the expectations and being told one thing by the senior but having to do another that bugged me. I was also working with a partner who sometimes wasn’t the easiest person to work with but I have learned a lot from him. But working a few late nights and a few hours on the weekend with the cold and pain didn’t make my week any better.

Luckily, I had Chris to make it all better Smile He was so great listening to me vent and offering great advice and taking care of me when I was sick. Then he surprised me by cleaning up around the house and buying me flowers. It was a wonderful surprise to come home to after a stressful Friday and it made my day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment