Copy & Paste This Code:

Monday, December 6, 2010

A little of this and a little that

Its final exam week (AHHH) and I need a break from corporate tax, auditing, financial accounting, and tax research! So here are just a few random things swimming around in my mind on top of all my schoolwork:

1. I really want a new dress for my hooding ceremony! I know that I probably have something I could already wear and I hate to admit it, but I definitely have things I buy for a special occasion and wear it that one time and thats it. But I am graduating and deserve to treat myself, right?? :) There is this super cute dress at Banana Republic I'm in love with which is super out of my price range right now but wouldn't this look great on me:


There is also a pair of cute gray pumps at Shoe Station I saw a couple of weeks back that I'm sure I could build an outfit around if I only had the extra time to shop (oh, and the extra cash). I really am beginning to think I have a shopping problem..

2. I really need to finish my Christmas shopping! I swear this happens every year. I have the best intentions of finishing early and then it always gets pushed back until I get through finals and the end of the semester. It also doesn't help that shopping for Joseph and my brother are not the easiest tasks.

3. I need to decorate our Christmas tree! I picked out a beautiful (and short) 5 foot tree from Tallahassee Nursery with Ashley a week ago and its still naked. I hope it doesn't feel neglected. I was originally waiting for the limbs to fall before I started but then once again, school took over my whole life! Maybe I'll at least get the lights on it tonight..

4. I need something to DO come next week (and if I could make money while I do it, that'd be even better)! I am finishing school this week and will have absolutely NOTHING (for the first time in a looong time) to do this time next week! While I am looking forward to the break (and time to do my Christmas shopping), I am not looking forward to not having anyone to spend the days with or having nothing productive, yet interesting, to do (especially since I will not be at liberty to be spending a ton of money since I am without a paying job as of yet). Practically everyone I know has a J-O-B and will not be around to keep me entertained during the hours of 8am - 5pm. And while I usually don't mind doing somethings on my own, I truly would much rather have someone to tag along with me and keep me company. So if you need someone to walk your dog, wrap your presents (I am a really good present wrapper upper!), or other miscellaneous chores, I am your gal (for a small fee :)

5. I am really REALLY hoping Santa brings me a new digital camera for Christmas (wink wink any family members or fiance's)! I have been missing mine since it was stolen back at the beginning of the semester and feel like I have not been able to "capture life's precious moments" (as cheesy as that sounds, its so TRUE)!

6. I am so happy I got to take a study break last Saturday morning and do a little bit of shopping with Tam and Ms. Karin! Thank you, again, ladies for letting me tag along with ya and for sharing all your Market Days secrets! Thanks to them, I bought a couple super cute Christmas decorations to make my apartment even more merrier! It was really nice to be able to get my mind off school and get some good project ideas, too!

7. Umm, where is the Christmas music already?? For those of you that know me, you know that my radio in my car is permanently set to the station in town that plays Christmas music non-stop from Thanksgiving until Christmas day. But this year it has gone missing! If anyone finds my Christmas music, please let me know, I'd greatly appreciate it! While the cold weather and holiday decorations do put me in the jolly mood, the Christmas music is the icing on the cake for me and its just not the same without it!

8. I really am tired of studying for finals.. already! And its only Monday and only the beginning of a week that is not going to be fun. I had one final already today (please don't ask me about it, it was not good) and I have three more to go: one tomorrow night, one Wednesday afternoon, and one Friday morning. The only thing getting me through this week is the fact that this is the LAST time I will ever have to do this!

9. I am officially no longer a TA! My students had their final this afternoon, which I proctored and my work is done! I really enjoyed being a TA and "teaching" on Fridays and helping my students understand accounting concepts. Our last class together was last Friday, and as a treat (or at least I hope it was a treat for my students), I put together a game for them to play as a review for their final and split them in to two teams - Team Debit and Team Credit (and if you know anything about accounting and know what that means, you'll know I'm a true accounting nerd)! And I was super excited to play the game with my students and brought them candy. One student even gave me a hug at the end of class and thanked me for all my help throughout the semester! It was so sweet!

10. I love getting snail mail! I know this is really random, but the mailman is at my mailbox right now and I can't wait to go downstairs to check to see if I got anything good! Getting a letter or card in the mail, in my opinion, is way better than getting a phone call or text message or email (but don't get me wrong, I do like these other forms of communications). Many moons ago, a friend (who lived far away at the time) and I used to write letters back and forth and I really enjoyed getting the letters in the mail and opening them up to see what was in store for me and what my friend had to say! It really is a lost art form and should be brought back!

Well.. its time to get back to the grind.. wish me luck this week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment