Ever seen the Reese Witherspoon and Vince Vaughn movie, "Four Christmases"? Well, that was pretty much me and Joseph last year. This year, Joseph and I tried to simplify things a bit so that this Christmas would be more enjoyable and less stressful and less rushing around to get where we were supposed to be on time. We also worked in some time that we could spend together, just the 2 of us, celebrating Christmas. So Christmas Eve morning, we woke up and opened our gifts to one another in our pajamas. "Santa" was very good to me this year and brought me a new digital camera! Well, a Nikon S8100 to be exact!

Isn't she a beaut? And I owe a very special THANK YOU to a very special friend who helped Joseph with his camera research! You know who you are and you are so sweet for taking the time to help him out! THANK YOU! :)
Well, since I got my new camera I was able to take pictures of Bailey opening her Christmas gift:
She really enjoyed her peanut butter flavored bone! She only has the two end pieces left. She had a couple other presents from Santa. However, a couple of days before Christmas, while I was running some errands, Bailey got into her other presents that were wrapped and under the tree. I came home to find two presents unwrapped, wrapping paper strewn all around my apartment, and the gingerbread girl dog treat eaten and the box of doggie cookies upside down and under the coffee table. Needless to say, I was not happy and Bailey did not get any treats for the rest of the day as her punishment. Not even anything from her granddad, Joseph's dad, that night when we went to Quincy for dinner. He begged to let her have a Frosty Paws, the dog ice cream he buys everytime Bailey comes over, but Joseph held firm.
After Joseph and I exchanged gifts, we spent the rest of Christmas Eve together, first going to check out the newly opened Dunkin Donuts, Joseph's favorite. Then we looked at some new cars :) We have started looking at new vehicles to replace my Honda. Originally we weren't going to get one until closer to our move to Atlanta, but I've been having a few problems with my car and its just not worth it to put the money in it just to keep it running for a few more months. We haven't decided on anything yet but are starting the whole process and I am very excited! The Honda is the only car I have ever had! It was my mom's before I got my license, then I got it and have had it ever since! Don't get me wrong, it has been a very good car to me and has lasted a very long time! But it is time to let Louisa go (yes, I named my Honda :) After a few more errands, Joseph and I went to my roommate, Lindsay's parents' house for their annual Christmas Eve party. There was tons of food and even better company! We spent the night eating, talking, and laughing a lot with Lindsay, her boyfriend Jason, and her family! We had a blast! Thanks again Sinclair clan for such a great party!
Christmas morning, Joseph and I got up, packed up the car, and headed to our first Christmas for the day: lunch with the Sunday and Bowen family in Cairo, GA. After a very delicious lunch, we got in the car and headed to Pensacola for Christmas with my family. We went straight to my grandparents' house and spent some time with my uncles, aunts, cousins, and grandparents. After opening our stockings and a few gifts, and eating again, we headed to my mom's house for our last Christmas of the day. Mom, Michael, Ashley, Nate, Joseph and I exchanged gifts and had a good time together!
Ashley's new jamies and Nate's new britches!
Mom's new bike!
Michael's new do that Joseph just had to have a picture of!
"Live Love Laugh" Christmas dish towels!
Both Ashley and I got framed Art Show posters from my aunt's shop's annual art show - love them!
The day after Christmas, Michael woke up early to get to work while Joseph and Nate got on the road. Then us girls got up for our little day after Christmas shopping and lunch tradition! We started at Target, then made our way to Michael's, Pier One, Starbucks (for a little pick me up), TJ Maxx, Lowe's, Kirkland's, and Stein Mart. Then we ate lunch, or rather a later breakfast at Village Inn - grandma's pick. After lunch, my grandma headed home and Aunt Deb went home for her annual nap after lunch and Mom, Ash, and I headed to the mall to check out Dillard's and Belk. Our last stop was Walmart before heading home. On our way home we got a phone call from Michael with some bad news - a brach had fallen and broken through Ashley's back windshield. Now, this branch fell from the same tree that a branch fell from a couple months ago and totaled my mom's car. The tree was supposed to be taken down after my mom's accident, but unfortunately its still there (mind you its a huge oak tree right in front of the house and would not be a simple task). What is even more ironic is that the night before, once Ashley parked her car in the same spot my mom's old car was parked when the branch fell on it, we all joked that she was wanting her car to be totaled next and she joked and said bring it on! Well, as my Aunt Deb says, "Be careful what you wish for!" Her car was not totaled, but her back windshield had to be replaced as well as one of her speakers. Luckily, we were able to find someone to replace it on Monday and get back in town the same day. Here are some pictures on our drive to the repair place Monday afternoon:
The whole had grown A LOT by the time we got to the repair shop!
In other news, I applied to sit for the CPA exam this week and have ordered my study materials - WAHOO - not! I will hopefully get my NTS (notice to schedule) before the end of January and be able to sit for the first part sometime in February. I will also start work, full-time next week! I am ready for it but not at the same time. Haha. I'm really ready for my first grown-up paycheck most of all. I am not ready to un-decorate my apartment! I really love my Christmas decorations and hate how empty my apartment will look after I take everything down :( Guess I need to find some good Valentine decorations :)
Have a safe and Happy (early) New Year everyone!
sooo glad you had an awesome "3" Christmas! And so excited you have a camera again;) I love your posts without pics but I'll admit I like ones with better:) And oh no, that really stinks about Ash's window! Gah...and oooo I can't wait for you to get your new car! SOO exciting!!
ReplyDelete