"Becker.. she said she'd never leave me.."
"I'm on my way to a CPA!"
If you have ever studied for the CPA exam or dated/known someone who has, then you know exactly what I'm talking about. For those of you still in the dark, I'll shed some light on the subject matter for you: my Becker study materials for the CPA (Certified Public Accountant) exam arrived in the mail and I received my NTS (Notice To Schedule) from the state of Georgia (via email) and scheduled two parts of the CPA exam this week. There are four parts to the CPA exam total - Business Environment Concepts (BEC), Financial Accounting and Reporting (FAR), Audit, and Regulation. I will be taking BEC next month and FAR at the end of April (which may or may not be social suicide seeing as how I'm working full-time at a CPA office during the busiest time of the year). So if you don't see or hear from me, please understand its not that I don't want to be social, its that I really don't have a choice. I've already been warned by the instructors in my lecture series cd-roms that I will be spending a lot of Friday nights and weekends with them and these:
So back to the title of my blog and the phrases that followed - I constantly heard these phrases from other accounting students studying for the CPA exam but just laughed and went on with my business. Well now, I know who Peter Olinto is and I am really on my way to a CPA! (Peter Olinto is the hilarious instructor on my lecture cd-roms) I set my study schedule to begin next week so I can enjoy my last free weekend in Atlanta but I'm gonna try to begin the first lecture tonight or tomorrow night after work since it is four hours long! And I'll need to study 30-35 hours per week to maintain my study schedule in order to finish all the lecture series and homework and leave 2 weeks before my exam to review. AHHH! I am NOT looking forward to this again!
In other, more up beat news, I am going to Atlanta this weekend, as mentioned previously, with Ashley, Tamara, Shaila, and my mom to go wedding dress/bridesmaid dress shopping!! I am soooo excited! I have never tried on a wedding dress and have been looking at pictures all week to figure out what my "style" is and I do think my new calling in life is to be a wedding dress model (forget this whole CPA nonsense)! Even though I've never put one on, I know I am going to L-O-V-E it! I am just itching to try them on! GAH! Also, this will be my first overnight trip in my future home city without it involving an interview! I've been to Atlanta a handful of times, but never have actually stayed over night. I've been throught the airport quite a few times. Joseph and I went up there for the day to pick up someone from the airport and went to the World of Coca-Cola. Then I went up there twice for interviews this past fall. But I literally flew up there, went to my hotel, then went to the office for interviews and went back to the airport. I did get a chance to go to Dunwoody to see a partner's house for a pre-interview dinner which was SUPER NICE! But this trip I'll actually be driving in the city (pray for us! JK TAM, please don't be scared)! I'm a little nervous, but know I need to get the experience and start learning my way around up there.
Well, Pete and I have a rendezvous ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment