Well I survived my first part of the CPA exam.. barely! I took "BEC" (Business and Environment Concepts) yesterday at the Prometric Testing Center. Since one of my partners at my office told me I should eat fish the night before my exam because fish is "brain food" (and she ate some before taking her exam and passed all 4 parts the first time through), Joseph took me out for sushi Friday night, which was also a nice break from studying and stressing over my test. And man, are they all about the security when it comes to test taking at Prometric! I had to put all my belongings in a locker, except for my driver's license, and then turn my pockets inside out to prove nothing was in them. Then they took me into a room where they had to take my picture (which did NOT turn out even remotely good), scan both my left and right hand fingerprints, then have me "sign in." After several minutes, I was finally allowed to enter the "test room" which was basically a room full of about 20 seperate desks with computers and video cameras monitoring each test station. I had to keep my license and locker key on top of the desk and could not put them in my pocket. If I needed to use the restroom at all during the test, I would have to use my license to be allowed to leave and return and would have to turn my pockets inside out again. I decided I would just tough it out and used the ladies room BEFORE taking my test. I had 3 hours to finish four testlets - three testlets had 24 multiple choice questions each and the fourth had 3 prompts I had to address and write about in a memo. I finished the test with about 10 or 15 minutes to spare and walked out feeling like a huge boulder had been lifted off my shoulder (and like my brain could not function anymore). I am so glad to be done with one and praying and keeping my fingers crossed I passed it so I don't have to go through that particular part again. Its bad enough there are 4 separate parts I have to take, nevermind the fact that if I don't pass one part I have to re-take it. And I don't know when I will find out my score, I think it'll take about a month before its released - argh! Good thing I have another part scheduled to start studying for to keep my mind off it - yay! Next up: Financial at the end of April! Woo-hoo!
After my test, I spent the rest of my Saturday and Sunday enjoying not doing anything at all in the most perfect weather! After my test, I looked at a couple reception venues, got my car washed and cleaned out (although you'd never be able to tell because its yellow already from all the pollen), and Joseph and I went out to eat and rented a movie. It was so nice to be able to drink a glass of wine at dinner and rent a moive to watch without thinking I should be studying right now and I shouldn't drink so I can think clearly! And then I slept in this morning which was absolutely glorious! Or at least to the late hours of 9am when I was woken up by Bailey barking at something outside. And I have spent most the day doing a little of this and a little of that, just wasting time and enjoying not having to sit at my desk all day long, longing to be outside or doing other things.
In other news, the wedding planning ball got rolling again and then came to an abrupt stop because I was letting it distract me from my CPA studying. We are { } <--- this close to having a wedding date and reception venue but I don't want to reveal anything until we have everything locked in just in case something goes wrong this week. I cannot thank my family, wedding party, and close friends for being so understanding and patient with us as we waited for the football schedule to be released. I am hoping by the end of this week we will have a date, reception venue, and photographer booked! And hopefully the church - although that is not what I am as worried about. But since we are wanting Father Kevin from the church I grew up going to to marry us at a different church, we are having to go through a few more hoops than just calling up and booking the church. I received a phone call from the wedding boutique that I ordered my dress from last week and all day long until I could call them back, I just kept thinking, oh my gosh, something is wrong with my order, or they forgot to make the order and now my dress won't be in until August or anything else that could possibly go wrong. When I finally talked to them, I was relieved when they had good news to share: my dress is already in! I was so surprised and happy! It wasn't supposed to be in until July but something about the designer already had one on its way over or something so I got it! YAY! I can't wait to see it and try it on again! Despite not having a for sure wedding date yet, Joseph and I have continued to move forward and do as much wedding planning as possible. So a couple weeks ago we completed our very first wedding registry! It just so happens Belk was having an engagement event for brides (and grooms) to come register and since my Uncle Chris is the manager there, he called me up to let me know about it and sign me up for it. The night of the event, Joseph had class so Ashley met me up there to help me get started (she's the best matron of honor! Nevermind the fact that I had to do all this with her as her maid of honor, since Nate (her hubby) did NOT want to take part in that part of the wedding planning). But Joseph of course wants to help out with this part and has been looking forward to the day he could use the price scanner! So he met me at Belk after his class and was practically foaming at the mouth to get the price scanner out of Ashley's hands. Then as soon as he found out there was food, it was like he couldn't let go of the price scanner fast enough! That's my fiance! Once he got a snack, we finished our registry and were on our way! Since then, I've also completed a registry at PamperedChef.com and we will have one more at Bed, Bath, and Beyond - the biggin'.
And looks like I'm gonna have to start using a laundromat. Too bad I'm not single - I could potentially meet someone there (or at least that always works in the movies). Our washer has stopped working and I'm not sure if its worth fixing. Its pretty old and probably isn't worth repairing unless it could be fixed very cheaply. Joseph (the least handy man I know) seems to think the motor is broken. It will fill up with water but then nothing else. It doesn't spin or drain or anything. And how convenient that I'll only be living in this apartment for 5 more months tops and of course the washer has to stop working! Argh! Anyone near by wanna let me "rent" their washer for the next 5 months? :)
Well, I am going to go be even lazier and watch some tv with my fiance before I have to start studying again for my next CPA test!
No comments:
Post a Comment