Copy & Paste This Code:

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Pinterest Fever!

I've got it, do you? Thanks to my good friend, Tamara, I have become OBSESSED with Pinterest! I am constantly taking "study breaks" or breaks at work to "quickly" jump to pinterest to see other people's pins to re-pin as my own! I'm not even being creative enough to find my own pins, but rather am re-pinning other people's pins/original ideas and hoping one day to actually use them in real life! I had never heard of pinterest until Tam told me about it, and even once she explained it to me, I was like ok, thats cool, but I'd never use it! I'm not a big internet search type of person. I don't usually like to wander aimlessly online, from one webpage to another, unless I have a specific project in mind, and even then, I usually spend like 20 minutes browsing online and then get bored. So when she sent me the invitation to join, I was a little skeptical, and thought ok, I'll give it a shot, maybe it'll come in hand for wedding ideas. But O-M-G! Was I wrong! It has changed my life! Haha, ok, maybe not my WHOLE life, but close enough. I don't think I've gone a day since I've joined pinterest that I haven't logged on at least 5 times! Its seriously a sickness! The way Pinterest works is you set up your account and "boards" or areas of interest, i.e. "For the Home," "Cooking," "Baby ideas," "Wedding Ideas," "Party Ideas," etc etc. Then you install this nifty thing on your "Favorites" menu and whenever you come across things online that you like on different websites, you can click your Pinterest favorite and "pin" the picture and add your own little comment to remind you what you liked in the picture/why you pinned it and assign it to one of your Boards. Then next time you're logged into your Pinterest page, you can see your pins! OR you can do what I do: Just randomly peruse other people's pins on Pinterest and "re-pin" whatever you like into your boards! I have come across so many great ideas to keep in mind for the wedding, my future house, baby ideas for my sister, foods I want to bake/cook, and on and on! I feel so motivated whenever I am on Pinterest to plan a party, bake a cake, decorate a house, and make the next 6 months go by faster so my sister will have her baby and I can dress her up in a tutu and take pictures!

Well, that is my quick blurb about the newest love of my life! Happy Hump Day everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Me too!! Its my crack! Haha I'm IN LOVE with pinterest!!

    ReplyDelete