Copy & Paste This Code:

Thursday, June 9, 2011

First Pinterest Project

Tonight, I FINALLY made something from the 485 (yes, I just verified that number on my pinterest page to be accurate) pins I have - oreo stuffed chocolate chip cookies. OH MY! They were super easy to make and oh so yummy! Last night I made a craving-driven impulse trip to Publix for Double Stuf Oreos and Jif Extra Crunchy peanut butter - my favorite fat kid and ultimate feel-good-when-I'm-down snack! (I first got the idea from The Parent Trap re-make with Lindsay Lohan and have loved them ever since!) Well, after realizing I am the only one who will end up eating the entire bag of oreos, I quickly decided I needed to do something with them and stat! Thats when I turned to good ol Pinterest! With every picture and recipe I've been pinning on Pinterest over the past couple weeks, I have developed an itch to bake something, anything. So I decided to put two and two together and found this recipe I pinned not long ago. Deciding my Becker studying could wait a little while longer, I made my way to the kitchen, where I quickly found the ingredients I needed. As I was rummaging through the kitchen, my roommate, Lindsay, knew exactly what I was up to - baking! I soon realized and exclaimed, "I may not have anything in this kitchen or pantry to fix a proper meal for myself but I certainly have everything I need to bake!!" Lindsay just laughed. After measuring, mixing, and cupping (you have to cup the cookie dough around the oreos), I made the most delicious creation (if I do say so myself!). Mine turned out a lot bigger than the picture, but they are scrumptious nonetheless. My roommate said "They look like muffin tops!" to which I responded "They'll probably give you a muffin top!" :) Here they are - my oreo stuffed chocolate chip cookies:




No comments:

Post a Comment