Last Saturday, Tamara and I made the drive up to Valdosta, GA to see Lady Antebellum perform at Wild Adventures. We both love the band, especially the male lead singer - Charles Kelley - and since we both were in much need of a girls day away, we decided to make a day of it! We got to the park around 10:30 and made our way to the water park first. After shyly stripping down to our suits and flip flops, we made our way to what Tam calls the "toilet bowl" - the Wahee Cyclone!
After getting soaked and screaming my lungs out like a little girl, we made our way around the water park, one by one riding every huge slide we could find!
The Kalani Blasters - while waiting in line to pick which tube we wanted to ride down, we saw one couple going around the corner come pretty close to the edge of the tube, so we thought maybe we'll ride the enclosed tube for safety! Then once we got going, we realized that was much scarier because we literally could not see our hands in front of our faces it was so dark in the tube!
Kona Cliffs
We worked up an appetite after a few slides and treated ourselves to chicken tenders and seasoned french fries - yum! There was no dieting allowed on girls day :) After lunch, we decided to dry off a bit, get dressed, and venture into the other side of the park. However, I was not quite ready to ride a real rollar coaster for fear of spewing my delicious chicken tenders all over some innocent bystanders, so we started off slow. We decided to take the train through the safari and saw elephants, ostriches, and zebras - oh my! We also rode something akin to the Himalaya from the North Florida Fair (the Swingin' Safari), which was all good until we went backwards. We got off the ride feeling very dizzy and still not prepared for a full blown coaster. So Tamara got some Dippin Dots and we sat and watched a circus act for a few minutes. After the show, we decided we were ready and made our way to the Hangman!

Having not been on a roller coaster in quite some time, I was almost as nervous as the first time I rode my real rollar coaster! You see, I have this huge fear of heights and growing up, I never liked the rollar coasters at the fair because I always saw the people who were injured from the rides since my mom worked the first aid station. Needless to say, I stayed far away from them until I was in high school. Then, on our senior trip to Islands of Adventure, Christy and Tamara made me face my fears and took me on the Hulk roller coaster as our first ride at the park. I screamed and thought I was going to wet myself and I had so much FUN! Since then, I generally like most roller coasters, but still get a little nervous. However, there wasn't enough free ice cream in the park to get me to go on the Rattler:
|
|
|
| This thing literally took you perpendicular to the ground and spun you around to where at one point you are pretty much upside down! No gracias!
After the Hangman, we made our way back to the water park to cool down. We jumped on the lazy river, got some inner tubes and floated around it for a good bit, soaking up the sun, chit-chatting and trying to avoid the kids splashing. At one point there was one little boy, probably about 7 or 8, who must have been raised by wolves because that is the only logical explanation for his rude behavior! Now, it was midday, peak hours for the park, and the lazy river was packed with people! So moving around and trying to swim without running into people proved to be a challenge. This one kid, instead of saying excuse me or swimming under or around Tamara and I, decided to try to push us apart to get through us. Then, once he would get through our two tubes, he would proceed to intentionally push one of us into someone else or into the wall. Talk about absolutely no manners! After him doing this a couple of times, Tam and I had had enough so we did what all mature adults do: we threatnened to tell on him to the (cute) life guard! Needless to say, he stayed away from us after that!
After floating and relaxing for a bit, we decided to ride a couple more slides before getting cleaned up for the concert. And boy oh boy did we get out of the lazy river just in time because as we walked by to go back to the toilet bowl slide, we over heard someone saying they were clearing people out of the lazy river due to the water being dirty (which sounded like some kid had used it as their personal potty - eek!)
The day was not complete, however, without making some new friends! As Tamara and I were waiting in line to ride our last ride (the Kona Cliffs again), the two little girls in matching swimsuits in front of us started telling us about how nervous they were to ride the slide and told us about how they decided to wear the matching suits and such! They were so cute and very friendly! Tamara proceeded to try to scare them by looking over the edge of the railing and saying how the platform we were standing on looked as though it could just break off at any moment, which did not phase the two girls one bit but made me grasp the rails so tight my knuckles turned white!
After our last slide, we got out of our wet suits and into some dry clothes and made our way to the concert area to "reserve" some seats with a towel. We then proceeded to wait in the longest line known to man to grab something to eat before the show started. However, this time was not wasted and was well spent people watching and eye candy hunting :) We finally made it back to our towel/seats and waited for the concert to start!
What the people surrounding our towel didn't realize is they were getting 2 concerts for the price of 1: Lady A AND the musical stylings of Lindsay and Tamara! Boy were they in for a treat :)
After the concert and sadly, no proposals from Charles Kelley, Tam and I made our way to the car. And our concert continued! We literally sat in the same exact spot for almost an hour, waiting to just pull out of the parking space into the lot to leave! So to pass the time, we grabbed our hairbrushes and danced and sang our hearts out to whatever jams moved us at the time! Some favorites that night included Whitney Houston, Celine Dion, Spice Girls, Journey, Miley Cyrus and even a couple of Christmas songs for old times sake! Needless to say, the guy in the truck in front of us got a huge kick out of seeing two twenty-something girls singing at the top of their lungs and dancing in their seats! It was definitely a good time had by all and made our wait time and drive home more enjoyable!
Thanks again, Tam, for a fabulous girls day! We'll keep working on Charles :)
|
|
Love love love your trip recap! When I get around to finally doing mine, I will probably just share some of my pics and then link up to yours for the full review! I had SO much fun with you girlie! It's a night I'll remember and cherish for many years to come!!
ReplyDeleteJust read Tamara's and had to read yours...SOOOO glad yall had a great time!! These posts def had me LOL!!! :)
ReplyDelete