Copy & Paste This Code:

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Worst Blogger Ever!

There is no excuse, I know. This past week I have come down with a terrible cold, causing me to go to a doctor here in Atlanta and missing some work. So this weekend my mission is to kick this cold in the butt and get better before seeing my family next week for Thanksgiving AND to catch up on my blog.

So my life since my last blog can be summed up in the following way: work, Chris, work, Girls Weekend in Atlanta, training in St. Charles (for work), Girls Weekend plus Judson in Chicago, work, helping Chris move in to the house he just purchased, work, volunteering for the Atlanta Marathon, work, getting motivated to run my first 5k with Kelsey and Mita, and absolutely no blogging.

So you may be wondering who this Chris character is. He is a very special person in my life right now. He makes me laugh a LOT and smile even more. He recently purchased his first home here in Atlanta and I'm so happy for him! And that's it for now..

Work is going good! I got ridiculously busy for the 10/15 (or rather 10/17) tax deadline and spent way more time at the office and with my team than I did with anyone else for a good month. Despite the really long hours, I actually had fun. We had a great team we worked with and probably goofed off more than we should have. We also watched a lot of King Curtis, which if you haven't heard of, I encourage you to go to YouTube immediately and watch it! It will change your life! Since the deadline, I started working with our SALT (State and Local Tax) group and got a chance to go to New Orleans to work at a client's office. Even though I didn't have much time to do anything fun or any siteseeing, it was a fun experience! 

Way back in September, my mom, Aunt Debbie, Aunt Jan, and sister all came to Atlanta for a girls weekend! The weekend was built around us going to see the Broadway hit, "Wicked." When Ashley and I were in New York back in December of 2009, we really really wanted to see Wicked but the tickets were pretty pricey so we went to the ballet instead. Then I found out Wicked was coming to Atlanta and I didn't want to miss it this time around! Unfortunately, that weekend kicked off my busy season at work and I had to work some that weekend while everyone was in town, but luckily my family was very understanding and I still got to spend a good bit of time with them!





The week before last, I was in St. Charles, Illinois for training for work. It was so much fun to be out of the office for a while and to see everyone I met back in July from our other offices. The weekend after training, my friends, Judson and Kelsey, and I took advantage of our situation and stayed in Chicago for the weekend! Since work bought our plane tickets, drive into the city, and meal on Friday night, it was a great deal! And Judson lived in Chicago for about 9 months while he attended Northwestern for his LLM, so he acted as our tour guide for the weekend. We did a lot of walking, eating, and site-seeing! Kelsey tracked how much we walked around on Saturday and I think it ended up being about 8 miles.

We went to the top of the Sears Tower (which is actually known as the Willis Tower now) and man was I scared! First of all, I am terrifed of heights. Second of all, elevators aren't exactly my favorite. Not because I'm claustrophobic but since seeing Willy Wonka as a kid, I never was a big fan of the whole elevator flying out of the top of the building. And as I got older and realized that would never happen, but what was more likely was an elevator plummeting to the bottom, that became my new fear. So add those two together and you've got me riding in an elevator for 103 floors to the top of the tallest building in the world. Then to top it off, they have these glass box things that you can stand in at the top. Basically you are stepping out of the building into this giant box which hangs over the side and you can see through the bottom, top and sides. And of course I had to go on it. This is how it went down: Judson stepped in to the box first and had to pull me in to it (only after promising to not jump around while in the glass box), with my eyes squeezed shut and my heart racing and pounding in my chest. I did eventually open my eyes and it was pretty cool!


Me doing my best as always to keep my eyes open.


Judson and Kelsey at our delicious Italian dinner our first night in Chicago - thanks EY!


The three of us in the reflection of the bean!


The Bean with the Chicago skyline! Because we're "bean counters" I had to get pictures!




Buckingham Fountain that was not turned on :(


Keke (as Judson calls her) and Judsy (as I call Judson)


There is a joke between Judson and I that we are "work husband" and "work wife" and then apparently, since we're good friends and hang out a lot, people at work started thinking we were dating in real life! We get a big kick out of that!


Judson telling us the totumpole story outside the Field Museum.


Inside the glass box at the Sears Tower!


Other new news.. I am going to be an aunt (again). Ashley is pregnant! Many of you may have heard by now that Ashley lost her baby back in August. It was a very difficult time for our family and it killed me to be so far away from my sister when everything was happening. But He works in mysterious ways and now she is pregnant again! I am so happy for her and Nate and am praying for her and the new baby's health. And I have this gut feeling its going to be a boy. Don't ask me why, but I just know I will be having a nephew come July 3!



No comments:

Post a Comment