Copy & Paste This Code:

Sunday, January 1, 2012

2011: A Year to Remember

2011. Wow. What a year. After talking to my cousin, Lauren, on the phone about where we were this time last year, I began thinking how different my life is. Especially when I think about all the plans I had for 2011 that, for lack of a better term, fell through.

This time last year, I had recently graduated from Florida State with my masters in accounting. I had a temporary job lined up until I started my "real grown up" job in Atlanta. I also had a fiancé and a wedding to plan. I spent New Year's Eve with my fiance, sister, Ashley, and her husband, Nate, and Nate's family on the Prosser compound around a bonfire. I started 2011 working as a professional accountant at the same CPA firm where not a year before I worked as the receptionist answering the phone. I started studying and sitting for the CPA exam in February and finished my last part in August. In April, I found out I was going to be an aunt and a few months later, found out I was going to have a niece, Kathryn Grace and I couldn't have been more excited and happy for my sister and brother-in-law!

After doing lots of praying, thinking, soul searching, and as much as I hate to admit this, several fights and more tears later, my fiancé and I decided getting married was not the right decision. We called off the engagement and I prepared to move to Atlanta by myself. For the first time in my life, I lived on my own without friends or family for a couple hundred miles. In July, I began working full time at a big four accounting firm. I made new friends and got a chance at a new beginning. In August, a tragedy for our family hit and my sister unexpectedly lost her baby. I began dating again and found someone special to spend my Friday nights with. In November, I found out I was going to be an aunt and am praying for the new baby's and Ashley's health.

This New Year's Eve, Chris and I went out to dinner with a group of his friends and rang in the New Year together.

Happy 2012 everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment