Here are the top ten things in my life right now (in no particular order and more or less the top ten things that come to mind as I type):
1. The songs that I've been listening to non-stop on my iPod are Colbie Caillet's version of Michael Jackson's "I Want You Back;" LP's "Into the Wild" (yes, its from the Citi Card commercial. I can't help myself); Deana Carter - "We Danced Anyway" (an oldie, but goodie), and my guilty pleasure - "Way Back Into Love" (from the movie Music and Lyrics.. corny, I know).
2. My Grandma and Aunt Debbie (and great Uncle Steve and great Aunt Bonnie) were all in Atlanta this past weekend for the America's Mart. My Aunt Debbie and Grandma stayed at my apartment, although I didn't get to see them much with them shopping all day, every day they were in Atlanta. We all had dinner together their last night in town and they got a chance to meet Chris, which meant a lot to me.
3. I've been spending my evenings "up in the gym, just working on my fitness." I've gotten to a place where I actually enjoy jogging (on the treadmills at my apartment's gym. Cheating? Maybe. But its usually in the 40's and pitch black when I get home from work so outdoors is not an option). I am stilling working up to running my first 5K and just ran 3 miles straight for the second time tonight. That is quite an accomplishment for me, someone who would do any other kind of cardio than run a mile. I am also hooked on Jillian Michaels' workout DVDs.
4. I don't really like the term "New Year's Resolutions" but some things I want to work on over the next year are to read more, floss and workout regularly, eat healthier (cut back on sweets), explore more of Atlanta and the surrounding area, use reusable bags for my groceries and shopping, officially stop biting my nails, and do more volunteer work.
5. Speaking of working out and eating better, during this busy season, the PFS team I am working with is going to participate in a fitness challenge. We haven't finalized the rules (or started it) yet, but basically we will award points on a daily basis for doing healthy things: drinking so many ounces of water (after netting against ounces of coffee, tea, and soda consumed), working out, playing sports, eating healthy snacks and meals, etc. We still have some kinks to work out but I am very excited about it! The last busy season we had, it was so difficult to not only find time to workout, but to feel motivated to make healthy decisions. We were pretty much eating out every day for lunch and dinner, and when we worked on the weekends, someone always brought in bagels, pastries, or donuts for breakfast. There was always that excuse lingering, "Well, busy season won't last forever and I want to take advantage of a free meal!" This go around, I think the fitness challenge will be very motivating and I hope to find a way to balance my schedule between work and my personal life. Also, our team has offered to run/participate in a 5K with Kelsey, Mita, and I after learning that was our goal.
6. I will be Florida bound soon! We have some PFS meetings in our Tampa office near the end of the month and our whole team from the Atlanta office will be travelling south together. I love our PFS group! They are so much fun and although this is technically a work trip, I know there will be lots of goofing and fun times!
7. I found out this morning that coming this July, I will have a NIECE! My sister had a doctor's appointment early this morning and called me at work to share the great news! I would have put money on Ashley having a boy, but the technician this morning said she was 90% sure it was a girl. Last I heard anything about names, Emmalynn was the top runner for a girl. I ask that you please continue to keep Ashley and baby Prosser's health in your prayers. We still have 6 months to go and despite everything going perfectly thus far, you just never know what's ahead.
8. I am beginning to read "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" and by beginning, I mean I've only finished the prologue. I have heard great things about the book and the movie and can't wait to really dive in to it!
9. I didn't realize how hard it would be to pick ten things to talk about tonight.. Oh! Got one! This is still very much up in the air, but there is a trip to Panama in the works for June. And no, not Panama City, Panama the country. I have never been to Central or South America before, and I don't count the one time we went to Cozumel for 5 hours one day on a cruise stop. I have never really had any real desire to travel to Central America, despite hearing great things about it from Christy and Shaila. My desire to travel has always been rooted in Europe and the US. But I am really excited to go somewhere completely new and totally foreign. Fingers crossed everything works out!!
10. I had a serious case of the Mondays today. Not sure why. And to be honest, I didn't even care that most everyone had today off and I had to work. This may be sad, but the highlight of my day came around 3pm when we received our ATL
No comments:
Post a Comment