Ok, I know, I know. There are no excuses for not blogging in for-ev-errrr! But here are my lame ones anyway: busy season and no internet. I just survived my second busy season at my office and about two months of working way more than I want to admit, mostly because I am surrounded by people in the same industry and some how this is normal to me. Recently when I talked to people outside the public accounting business who cringed when I mentioned my “normal” work schedule it made me remember its not so “normal.” Then, on top of working, randomly my cable and internet went out. All in all, I am not Comcast’s biggest fan. This was the second time this has happened to me and since I was working so much, I couldn’t come home during their 8 to 5 business hours to wait around for a two hour window for someone to come fix it. So I just went without for about three weeks. I honestly didn’t notice since I was working so much and most of my free time was spent with Chris at his house and I became wrapped up in the Hunger Games trilogy. I admitted to one of my manager’s once while working late that all I wanted to do was go home and read the Hunger Games and he (jokingly) called me a dork.
Other than working a whole bunch, here is a brief rundown of what else I have been doing:
I (mostly) ran my first 5k! On Saturday, March 31, some of my team from work and I participated in the Color Run 5k here in Atlanta. It is known as “the happiest 5k in the world” and was definitely a blast! The way it works is at each kilometer, you run through a “color zone” where volunteers throw powder paint at you. There were yellow, green, pink, and purple color zones. I made it decently clean through the first two, but once I got to pink, I was deemed too clean and came out looking like a pink nightmare. I got a couple pictures once I was done but they don’t do justice to the mess I was:
Once Chris pulled away from that hug, he had a streak of pink down his left side. Luckily the paint came out in the wash. I still have traces of the paint on my sneakers, running shorts, t-shirt, and sports bra even after washing them all. This morning while standing in the check-out line at Publix, wearing my workout gear, a guy behind me noticed my pink streaked sneakers and asked if I ran the Color Run! I was very proud to say yes!
I was very lucky to have Easter weekend off. On Easter Sunday, Chris and I got dressed up in our Easter best, went out to breakfast at Another Broken Egg Café and then went to Mass at a beautiful (and packed) Catholic church. Easter night, we went to a friend’s house for a dinner party. There were about 5 couples, including us, there. Of course, it ended up being guys in one room and girls in another and I forgot how much I have missed sitting around and talking and laughing with a group of girls about things other than work. We had a really good time! Oh and I got a special card from my grandparents, which made me laugh:
My grandpa drew that picture of me on the left. I told them how I was “training” to run my 5k and was running on the treadmills at my gym since it was so cold and dark when I got off work during the week.
Chris and I made it to a FSU baseball game. FSU played Georgia Tech here in Atlanta and won!
I can never get this kid to give me an honest to goodness smile. He’s too goofy!
My friend, Judson, surprised me one random Monday morning during busy season with a surprise of two of my all time favorites:
He also surprised Kelsey with some of her favorites: cheesecake and Diet Coke and Andrea with hers: Doritos and Coke. It definitely brightened my day! Unfortunately, I gave up sodas for Lent but have been able to enjoy my Diet Coke since Easter
This past week, once I got through the tax deadline, I was very fortunate to be able to take off the rest of the week and went down to Tallahassee for a very special treat: getting a first glimpse of my future niece! Nate’s aunt gave Ashley and Nate a gift certificate for a 3D/4D ultrasound and they were allowed to invite up to six people for the event. I drove down to Tally on Wednesday afternoon and killed some time doing some shopping before I met Tam for dinner. I bought this Jessica Simpson dress for a wedding I am attending next month (it looks much better on):
I met Tamara at El Jalisco’s and enjoyed catching up with her and laughing a lot! I have really missed you girly! Thursday was the day of the appointment! I met my mom and Aunt Jan, who were also attending the appointment, and we had lunch and did some shopping to kill some time. Then we all met at the ultrasound office at 3:30 and my mom, Aunt Jan, Ms. Jane (Nate’s mom), Nate, Kerry (Ashley and Nate’s sister-in-law), Ashley, and I went in to the room to see baby Prosser! The ultrasound went for 45 minutes, which was taped and pictures were taken throughout. Well, the baby is breached right now in Ashley’s belly, meaning her head is at the top of Ashley’s tummy, and she was holding her feet with her hands and her body looked like she was folded in half, making it very difficult to get a good shot of her face. She refused to let go of those feet, like she was afraid she would lose them if she let go (also exhibiting a little bit of stubbornness which she definitely gets from both Ashley and Nate). The ultrasound technician had Ashley flipping all around on the table, trying all kinds of things to get the baby to move around so we could see her face. No matter how many times Ashley flopped around from her left side to her right, bringing her legs up as high as they could and letting them go and even getting on all fours and letting her belly hang down, the baby refused to let us get a full view of her face. We do know she has ten fingers and ten toes, some hair on her head already, and what I am going to say are the most adorable feet (since I am a biased aunt). Finally, with about 5 minutes left, Ashley mentioned the baby responds sometimes to really loud noises, such as the heart rate monitor Ashley uses every night. So I asked if I could play some music on my iPhone, carefully selected “Brighter than the Sun” by Colbie Caillat, layed my phone as close to Ash’s belly as possible, and sure enough, the baby started dancing around and singing! She finally let go of those feet and we were able to get some good shots of her face! She is beautiful and is definitely my niece since she likes Colbie! Here are a couple pictures of her from the ultrasound:
When I first arrived in Tallahassee, Ashley and Nate had decided on Emma Rose Prosser as her name. Then the morning of the ultrasound appointment, Ashley saw the name Amelia in a magazine and has since tried to convince Nate to change the name to Amelia Rose. For now, I am calling her baby Prosser and I cannot wait for her to get here! As of last week, Ashley is 29 weeks and the baby is healthy and weighing in at about 3 pounds. Since the baby is due July 3rd, I couldn’t resist buying her this 4th of July onesie:
I can’t wait to see her in it!
I came back from Tally on Friday and haven’t done much since. I am still getting used to having my weekends back. I spent Friday night with Chris and we had a couples baby shower to attend Saturday morning for one of my managers, Jonathan and his wife, Palmer, who are expecting a little girl in about 4 weeks. The baby shower was actually really fun and I think the guys even enjoyed themselves. After the traditional baby shower games and gifts, the boys busted out corn hole and everyone took turns playing. And I got a chance to play with Jacob, my senior manager’s 10 month old. After the baby shower, I did some baking for Chris’s guys’ night while he picked up a piano for his house that a co-worker very generously just gave him. No, he doesn’t play. Its more of a decorative piece for now. Today, I have had a very productive day, if I do say so myself! Since getting up at 9, I have done three loads of laundry, washed some dishes, workout out, did my grocery shopping, made my lunches for the week, and have written this blog! Next up: the dog park with Shelby (Chris’s dog).
No comments:
Post a Comment