Copy & Paste This Code:

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Lake Burton

Last weekend, Chris and I were invited by another couple, Brian and Alexis, to spend the weekend at Brian’s grandparents’ lake house on Lake Burton. Man, am I regretting not taking any pictures. Talk about one of the most picturesque places I’ve ever been!

Chris, Shelby, and I drove up Friday night after work. The drive up was a little creepy because there were hardly any street lights and the roads were covered by a thin layer of fog from the lake and overcast weather. And all the road signs looked like S’s as we wound around the mountains. Brian and Alexis arrived shortly after us and after unloading the luggage and groceries and getting a tour of our accommodations, we hit the sack.

Saturday morning, Chris and I woke up to find Brian and Alexis had gone for a run, so we grabbed a cup of coffee and took Shelbs for a walk to explore our surroundings. The lake is surrounded by mountains and has the most beautiful (and big) houses built all around. After their run, Brian and Alexis cooked breakfast for us and we decided to head into Clayton, a small town about 20 minutes away, for the arts festival while we waited for the sun to come out. Clayton was the cutest small town! Their festival reminded me of Bradley’s, except it was in the middle of the street instead of on a farm, and it was much smaller! But the arts and crafts were very similar.

Clayton 

Chris and I walking through downtown Clayton. Yes, Chris is sporting a NASCAR tank top. Had I known he would be sporting this all weekend in public, I would have packed his bag for him. You better believe it will NOT be in his suitcase for our California trip!

On the way home, we stopped and bought some crickets to go fishing and listened to banjo music, as requested by Chris, which was quite fitting for our surroundings. Once we got back to the lake house, the sun was out so we suited up and headed to the dock. After a couple hours, we decided to take the boat out and Captain Brian took us on a tour all around the lake.

JumpBoat_Me

Boat_Us

The boat ride was fun, but very chilly!

After our boat ride, we had “quiet time” (AKA nap time). Then Brian and Alexis cooked us a very delicious dinner of steak, sweet potatoes, and asparagus followed by fudgey chocolate brownies! Since there was no cable and no good movies to watch, we busted out Monopoly after dinner and played for a few hours. I am always amazed by how much more fun I have playing board games than other things with friends! Chris deemed it a draw between Brian and I, although I was one turn away from bankruptcy.

Sunday morning, Chris and I slept in a little and then decided to hit the road. The drive back was beautiful and not at all creepy! All in all, it was a great weekend and I can’t wait to have many more like this this summer with our great hosts!

And this week I got some sneak peek maternity pictures of my lovely, beautiful sister and her baby belly, which I just can’t keep to myself:

 IMG_9256

I can’t wait for July 3!

No comments:

Post a Comment