I have one tax deadline down, one more to go (for this year). If you were wondering where I’ve been, and where I will be for the next month, you can blame and/or thank September 15th (or rather the 17th) and October 15th. Those are the two tax deadlines kicking my butt at the moment. I am hoping I got through the worst of it with the September deadline and things will be slightly smoother sailing for the next few weeks until we reach the October 15th deadline. To sum it up, one of the clients I worked on did not have their things together (if I weren’t such a lady, I would use some different language here) and things were done last minute. Last minute like us not receiving the OK to electronically file their returns until about 4pm of the filing deadline day and me sitting in the office until about 6:30om waiting for their status to change to “awaiting acknowledgment” so I could go home (I have never been in the office that late on a filing deadline – my teams usually leave sometime in the early afternoon for a happy hour). Mind you, their returns should have been finished much earlier and filed well before then. Luckily, the partner on the project appreciated my efforts and hard work and did not blame me for the things that went wrong.
Other than working a bunch, nothing new has really been going on. After the deadline last Monday, I headed down to Tallahassee on Tuesday for a recruiting event for work at FSU and was lucky enough to surprise my Mom for her birthday, which was Wednesday. I was also able to spend some quality time with my favorite niece, who has gotten so big since I saw her last (which was sadly 3 months ago, when she was born). I can’t get over how beautiful and adorable she is! She is now able to hold her head up and she is smiling! Here’s the one picture I tried to get of her pretty smile:
Unfortunately, it was a really quick trip as I had to be back in Atlanta on Thursday for our EY Connect Day. Connect Day is a day that our entire office closes down and everyone participates in community service events all over the city. I wasn’t able to participate last year since I was attending recruiting events in Tallahassee. This year I was captain of the Blue Star Families event, which created cards for active duty service members, veterans, wounded warriors, caregivers, and their families. This was right up my alley, not only because I have family members who serve and some veterans, too, but also because I got to color with markers all day long! To thank everyone for their service all day long, our office hosted a happy hour that afternoon where prizes were given away and instead of a photo booth, we had a flip photo book booth. It was awesome! I wish there were a way to share my flip books! They were so much fun to create and they instantly put me in a better mood when I look at them! It was also fun to catch up with all my friends at work who I haven’t seem much since busy season started.
After a few days off last week, I went right back to the grind on Friday and Saturday. Working on the weekend when you don’t have a part-time job that pays minimum wage while you’re in college sucks. Let me just put that out there.
And just a few things that are coming up: my one year anniversary with Chris on October 1 and my mom, sister, and niece are coming to visit after I finish busy season/for my birthday!
No comments:
Post a Comment