This post is for you, Tam!
Tamara has been wanting to see pictures of my house in ATL and since its decorated for the holidays I thought no better time than the present to take pictures to share!
So here we go!
Welcome to my home in the Vinings on the Chattahoochee! The bare tree to the left was my favorite during the fall and was full of beautiful gold leaves. Also, I am completely spoiled by the garage – I honestly don’t know if I can live without one now!
Knock knock!
It’s a Shelbs!
This is our entryway. I have lots of plans for this space but have yet to find the perfect entryway table and other accessories. This picture doesn’t really do this space justice but I had to take the picture with the front door closed so Mags wouldn’t escape. The door to the right is the garage door, the hallway straight ahead leads to the living room, above the hallway is a balcony from the second story that overlooks the entryway and to the left is our front sitting room and (empty) dining room.
The dining room wasn’t always empty – the dining room table that once occupied this space was the old roomie’s and now we’re looking for a new replacement. We have never actually used the couches (or piano) in this room before. Its where Mags takes most of his naps, since this is the only couch he is allowed on.
Here’s the living room (and a napping Chris - his favorite Sunday activity). You can’t see it from this angle, but there is a full bathroom and bedroom/office to the right (which I forgot to take pictures of and just realized). Chris set up the room downstairs as his office when he first moved in and now we’ve decided to turn it in to a guest room instead. So we’re in the process of moving his office upstairs and setting this room up for guests.
And here’s our kitchen. The living room and kitchen are one long, big room which I love! There is so much cabinet and counter space and numerous outlets everywhere that it makes baking and cooking that much nicer!
The door to the right goes to the backyard and the chair against the wall is blocking the doggie door (the pooches haven’t been particularly friendly tonight and keep running outside to bark at the neighbors so this is our makeshift solution). There is a doorway in the far left corner, by the stove, that connects to the dining room and front sitting room. One day I would love to paint that one wall, where the pantry is and bookshelf sits, a dark red. Having a red kitchen has always been my dream and for now, my red kitchen accessories will have to do.
You can’t see it from the kitchen or living room pictures, but there is a staircase to the left and upstairs is the master bedroom and bathroom, three other bedrooms, a guest bathroom, laundry room and an extra open room. Its hard to explain, but its almost like a really wide hallway between one of the guest rooms and the master bedroom. When the old roomie lived here, it was his living room. It’s a pretty good size and would make a great game room or office space, if the bedrooms were all taken one day. The upstairs portion of the house will have to be part 2 to this blog as it’s a mess right now! Chris’s old roomie moved out not too long ago, so most of the rooms are empty and need to be cleaned and filled.
I have so many big plans for the house and how I want to decorate it and make it our home. There are a lot of empty walls and rooms now, but I can’t wait to fill them all up!
I hope you enjoyed the (brief) tour and that you can come visit one day! We’d love to have you!
Yay I love the house tour! Your living room looks so cozy and I LOVE the huge kitchen! So nice!! I can't wait to see what you do with it over time!!
ReplyDelete