I feel officially old. Why? Because I’m out of this world excited about… FURNITURE!
That’s right. Furniture. Not to mention that over the summer I got really excited about having the carpets cleaned... Age is just a number, right?
The specific furniture I speak of is our new dining room set!
Ta da!
After the old roommate moved out, our dining room was empty (as mentioned in my house post). On New Year’s Day, Chris and I decided to stop in at Haverty’s while we were out and about running errands. We didn’t intend to buy anything, just take a look around and see if they had anything we fancied. We had two things in mind to look at: bedroom furniture and dining room sets. We started with the bedroom furniture and after looking at the suite I found online and really liked, Chris vetoed it because the drawer pulls didn’t look good (which I agreed with). Then we decided to take a look at the dining room sets. We figured we should get that first since that room is empty and seen by everyone who comes over, plus Chris’s family was coming in town the following weekend and we thought it would be nice to have a table for us all to eat at. We found the table above and fell in love. We sat down and talked for awhile about getting it, then spoke with the store manager about the sales and special financing, and walked around the store talking about it some more. Finally, we decided to go ahead and get it, along with the matching server which isn’t pictured above. After filling out the necessary paperwork and everything else, it was ours! Or at least will be… on January 25. Apparently it’s a very popular set.
After doing some thinking, I realized we needed should get a rug to go under the table since we have hardwood floors. I looked online at various sites and then we took a trip to Home Depot on our way to the grocery store and found the following beauty:
It too shall be ours! And we shall have the most beautiful dining room of all the land!
Haha, ok, I’m being a bit dramatic but I AM SO EXCITED! I told Chris I would make us a really fancy dinner once we finally get everything and he laughed and said we should order a pizza to eat at our table for the first time. Since I’ll be in busy season, that may be a possibility
No comments:
Post a Comment