I can’t believe its June already! Where is 2013 going?!
May began with our Paleo challenge. It wasn’t easy and we may have had a couple cheat meals… but overall I do feel better and we have decided to continue with Paleo with the goal to change our eating habits long-term.
For Mother’s Day, Chris joined me in Tallahassee to celebrate with two of my favorite mothers, my mom and sister! We started the weekend with dinner with my family at the Front Porch. On Saturday, while Chris played golf with a friend, I got to have some girly catch up time with one of mine – Tamara! She gave me a house tour of their gorgeous new place and we got to chat about everything under the sun! Sunday, we had a girls only brunch to celebrate some pretty wonderful ladies while Chris and Nate went fishing. It was a great weekend and it was so nice to spend time with my family, including my niece who is growing like a weed!
The next weekend, I had a girls weekend in Asheville while Chris had a mancation in Tennessee, technically, but we both ended up in Asheville. This was not planned and we didn’t even know we’d be in the same area until we both drove up Friday afternoon. I spent with the weekend with my best girls, Christy, Anna, and Shaila, exploring the Asheville area and Carolina mountains, drinking wine, and having lots of girl talk! I can’t believe it had been 3 years since all 4 of us had been together and I hope its not that long for the next time!
The next weekend was Memorial Day and a four day weekend for me! I spent Friday lounging by the pool and doing a much needed cleaning around the house. Saturday Chris and I had a day date and spent the day together, looking for bikes, having lunch, and running a few errands. Saturday night we went out to dinner with friends and planned our kayak adventures for the next day. Sunday, before hitting the road for north Georgia, we all met for brunch at Einstein’s in midtown Atlanta. After a hearty meal, we got on the road and were in kayaks a mere 2 hours later. It took us a few hours to row and float down the Broad River. After a couple kayak flips and swims in the river, we were back on the road for Atlanta. Sunday, Chris and I woke up early and spent a couple hours volunteering at the Atlanta Humane Society. We spent our time walking dogs and loving on adorable, tiny puppies. After volunteering, we prepared a delicious kale salad and Oreo truffles for a Memorial Day BBQ at our friends’ house. The boys grilled and hung outside while the girls stayed in and had some needed and fun girl time.
May was very busy but also great! So far, June looks like it will be just as busy with Emma’s first birthday and my family reunion in Michigan. Its like I have summer vacation again!
No comments:
Post a Comment