Copy & Paste This Code:

Sunday, July 21, 2013

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Tuesday, June 25 started out like any other day. It was my first day back at work after our trip to Michigan for my family reunion. My friend, Wini, asked to see my left hand as soon as she came in to the office that morning. Apparently my team and friends at work were convinced Chris was going to propose while we were in Michigan but I sadly showed them my naked ring finger.

The rest of the day was just like any other work day. Chris and I texted throughout the afternoon, nothing out of the ordinary, and made plans to run some errands after work. As I packed up my laptop that evening and got ready to leave for the day, Wini and I talked and just before I left, she joked and said “I won’t keep you from your evening any longer, you might have a proposal to go home to!” I just laughed and called her crazy.

But as I drove home, I couldn’t help but entertain the thought of Chris proposing that night. These thoughts were interrupted when Chris called me when I was just a few blocks from home and said he was still at his office and would pack up soon so we could run our errands. Any thoughts of getting engaged that night quickly vanished from my mind as I realized the only thing he had planned was going to Best Buy.

I came home to an empty garage and when I opened the door to go inside, I was greeted by both Shelby and Magnum, which I thought was a little strange. Magnum is usually kenneled during the day and I wasn’t expecting him to be out and about. I walked in to the kitchen and found a huge box adorned with a blue bow and a note. I quickly tried to think of what Chris possibly could have bought me and read the note that brought the best surprise of my life.

image 

I followed the instructions in the note to lift the box from the bottom to open. Due to the size of the box, this turned out to be a more difficult feat than I imagined. All of a sudden the box started moving and Chris came out from inside the box. I just started laughing, thinking “what on Earth is he doing?” when he got down on one knee and asked me to spend the rest of my life with him! I couldn’t believe it! Wini was right! I did have a proposal to go home to!

I said yes, of course, and just as the tears started to come, Chris (who was still down on bended knee, holding the ring box) said “Ok, I don’t know what to do now.” The tears went away and I continued to laugh and told him he could put the ring on my finger.

Our proposal couldn’t have been more of a surprise or more “us.” Which is exactly what I wanted Smile

We made all the necessary calls to start spreading the good news and ended the night by going out to dinner to celebrate, just the two of us, and had dessert at the place where we had our first date.

Tuesday, June 25, 2013 may have started out as any regular day but ended as a day I will never forget!

No comments:

Post a Comment