I enjoyed my first full weekend off work with some tasty fall treats! Although the temperatures rose to the 80’s by midday, the mornings were cool and crisp in the high 60’s/low 70’s. Saturday, I decided to treat myself to my first Pumpkin Spice Latte of the season!It was delicious and worth every sinful calorie-filled sip. Since today was a big tax filing deadline, I decided to have a mini celebration by baking cookies for my team at work. The cooler temperatures inspired my recipe choice and I spent my Sunday evening baking Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies. These cookies were super soft and almost like the texture of a cake rather than a cookie. They were very easy to make and I can’t wait to bake them again to try different add-ins, like candied pecans or white chocolate chips.
Ingredients:
1 cup shortening
1 cup sugar
1 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
1 egg
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp salt
1 bag of chocolate chips
Instructions:
1. Preheat the oven to 375.
2. Cream the shortening, sugar, and pumpkin puree in a medium bowl.
3. Add the egg to the pumpkin mix and mix well.
4. Add the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt together in another bowl. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the pumpkin puree mix.
5. Stir in desired amount of chocolate chips (I used the whole bag!).
6. Drop from spoon onto greased cookie sheet.
7. Bake for 10 – 12 minutes.
8. Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment