You remember that quote from Ferris Bueller’s Day Off? I’m beginning to feel a little like that lately. That I need to stop and look around every once in a while, even if its just for 30 seconds. Here is a quick life update from the past few months:
I successfully survived the fall busy season at work and celebrated with Gigi’s cupcakes!
I celebrated my 27th birthday with a Mexican birthday lunch with my work friends, a fancy dinner with my fiancé, and a trip to Tallahassee to continue the celebration with my family and friends!
I was promoted to Senior as of October 1.
Chris and I were rained out of not one, but two, engagement photo sessions. Third times the charm, right?
I celebrated, very briefly, my promotion to Senior with all the other newly promoted Seniors in Orlando at a work sponsored training and networking event.
Unfortunately, my new Senior training was cut short when my grandfather went in to the hospital. He hadn’t been well for quite some time and I was lucky enough to make it to Pensacola in time to see him one last time before he passed away in comfort and peace. I miss him so much already but I know he’s in a better place.
On a happier note, I had a blast at Tax 3 training in St. Charles, IL and got to see the first snowfall (for me) of the season.
We celebrated Chris’s 27th birthday with a low-key night in, just the two of us spending time together.
I said farewell for now to one of my best friends who just embarked on the trip of a lifetime that has been her dream for so long. I am so happy for her and maybe just a little jealous. But I can’t wait to hear about all the fun adventures she had when she gets back!
I’ve done a substantial amount of wedding planning and pinterest pinning and feel pretty good about the progress we’ve made. Now if I could just get my hands on an FSU 2014 football schedule, we’d be all set!
Chris and I celebrated our two year anniversary and he surprised me with a bouquet of beautiful flowers at work!
I started a hospitality committee in my office to plan and organize more events for everyone to get together and get to expand their networks. We’ve been pretty successful with two happy hours, an ice cream social, Chick-Fil-A breakfasts, and a cupcake celebration.
I’ve been able to spend lots of time with my adorable niece, Emma, who has started calling my “Aunt Li-Li.” Probably the cutest thing EVER.
Chris and I carved a pumpkin for Halloween in to a little monster.
My boss hosted a tacky sweater party for Christmas and I decked out the best I could!
I celebrated Thanksgiving with my family in Pensacola while Chris spent the holiday with his family in North Carolina. It wasn’t fun splitting up for the holiday but I’m glad I was able to spend the time with my family. We had about 22 people total and I got to have meat pies, one of my favorite dishes at Thanksgiving (that’s what you get when your grandmother is Lebanese).
I finally got the house decorated for Christmas and our tree up and ready for Santa!
I attended my first networking breakfast with my boss and a couple guys from the industry to start building my network in Atlanta as I move up in my career.
I have started building my “book of business” at work and have taken on a couple new clients this year in which I will be leading the engagements. I’m really excited about this and equally nervous.
I flew to Boston for the day to attend a client meeting. I think I spent more time in the Hartsfield Jackson airport than I actually did in the city of Boston. I’ve never been to Boston before and this very quick trip has made me want to visit the city even more! I also got to see my second snowfall of the season!
I have another client meeting next week I’ve been preparing for. I will be attending the meeting with my boss and we will be video-conferencing with another partner and the client in Chicago. So professional and high-tech, right??
I have a pretty big client that files in Texas and I discovered a way to reduce their Texas tax liability each year, which was pitched to the client (doesn’t sound that cool, but I was pretty jazzed about it!). Fingers crossed we win the proposal!
So many awesome things happening in your life sweet friend. Although I'm so sorry to hear about your grandfather :-( Hugs to you. I loved the update, super congratulations to you on your promotion! You're so humble and you deserve it! XOXO
ReplyDelete