Getting back to reality was hard after San Francisco. Why can’t I find a job where I can just travel with my loving boyfriend all the time and still get paid? *Sigh* One day…
The weekend after we got back from San Francisco, I threw my big sister a baby shower! Her good friend, Keely, co-hosted the shower with me, which worked out wonderfully with me not only living in Atlanta (and the shower taking place in Tally) but also with me going on vacation the two weekends beforehand. We were able to work out a good system where I came up with the ideas and she was able to gather the necessary items for us to put them in to place. AND Chris came to Tally with me to finally meet my family for the first time.
We drove down Friday afternoon and got in town around 7pm. After a quick introduction with my mom and dropping off Shelby and our things at her house, my mom and I headed to my Aunt Jan’s house to meet her and Keely to start prepping for the shower while Chris met up with some friends for dinner. We stayed at my aunt’s until about 11pm, then headed back to my mom’s to continue prepping for the shower. I finally stumbled in to bed around 1am and was up again at 6am to get ready for the shower, which started at 10am. Friday night and Saturday morning were a whirlwind, but it was totally worth it and I would do it all again if I had to! The shower turned out beautifully and a good time was had by all! We did a brunch themed shower with mimosas, breakfast casserole, my famous cheese grits, banana muffins, french toast kabobs, a yogurt bar, and fruit. We played a game where everyone brought a baby picture and we hung them on a picture board and everyone took turns guessing who was who. We also did a diaper raffle where everyone who brought a package of diapers had their name entered into a drawing for a mini pedicure/spa set. It was a great way for Ashley to get a ton of diapers and everyone looked forward to the drawing.
The Tracy ladies!
After the baby shower, my family that came in town came over to my Mom’s and we just hung out for a while. Then we headed to Momo’s for dinner with my Uncle Chris and Aunt Jan. Despite being exhausted from the party, it was a good time and I enjoyed seeing my family and Chris hitting it off!
Sunday, Chris had to fly to Baltimore for a week of training, so I drove him to the airport and Shelby and I made our way back to the ATL.
The Wednesday following the shower, I picked up Anna from another friend’s house and we kicked off what was supposed to be an awesome girls’ weekend. I bought tickets for us to go see Colbie Caillat, Andy Grammer, and Gavin DeGraw at the Chastain Amphitheatre. The concert started at 8pm and at approximately 8:15 the bottom of the sky fell out and we spent the next hour and a half attempting to stay dry and warm. Key word being attempting. Anna was the lucky one who just happened to be under cover at the concession stand when the rain started. I on the other hand, was out in the open, trying to huddle under a clump of trees with the towel we brought to lay on the ground wrapped around me. Eventually, the rain cleared and Colbie performed and it was so worth the wait and rain! She is by far, hands down, my favorite and she is a great performer live! Gavin came out around 11 and after jamming to a couple songs, we called it a night.
Then on Thursday I got the call that changed all our plans for the weekend. At 1pm, my mom called me to let me know Ashley was going to have the baby.. THAT NIGHT! Originally the plan was for her to have a C-Section on July 26th. The baby was frank breached throughout most of the pregnancy and she was definitely not turning for a normal delivery. Then that Thursday, June 14th, Ashley went in to see the high risk specialist just as a normal check-up and they told her the baby was fine and was not in distress, but the embilical chord was wrapped around her neck and they did not want to take any chances so they admitted her to the hospital right away. Nate called my mom as he drove to their house to pack their things for the hospital and my mom called me. After waiting 8 hours (since Ashley ate an orange right before her appointment), they performed the surgery and baby Emma Rose Prosser was born, weighing in at 5lbs, 14 oz and 18.5 inches long and a headful of blonde hair!
Christy and Shaila were supposed to be making their way to Atlanta on Friday to spend the weekend with Anna and me and I was supposed to be picking Chris up from the airport that night. Thankfully, we came up with another plan and my best friends (and team at work) understood how much I wanted to be with my family and I headed down to Tally on Friday afternoon to meet my beautiful niece!
I know, I know, probably more pictures than anyone cares to see but I can’t get over how precious and adorable she is! I just love her so much!
I stayed in Tally through the weekend and until Wednesday to help Ashley and Nate once they got out of the hospital. I went to their house for the days to give them a chance to rest while I took care of Emma, washed bottles, cooked dinner, did some laundry and anything else I could to make life a little easier for them. By the time Wednesday rolled around, it was tough to say good-bye to my family (well, mostly Emma) but another part of me was ready to get home and to see Chris (we hadn’t seen each other in about a week and a half and I missed him terribly).
Since then, life has (sadly) gotten back to normal and I’ve just been working and spending time with friends and Chris. Well, sadly in the sense that I have no more fun vacations planned for the summer.. but maybe we’ll have to change that
No comments:
Post a Comment