We decided to make the switch from Comcast to Directv for cable this week in order to save some moola on our cable bill. Directv is scheduled to come out on Friday afternoon to get everything set up and when Chris called Comcast on Tuesday to let them know we would be cancelling our services, they apparently did not appreciate that. We came home to find the cable had been shut off despite being told nothing would happen until we turned in our cable equipment. Chris made a phone call and after being on hold for about 40 minutes, he confirmed what we already knew: they cut us off.
Now, this isn't exactly a biggie to me. I only have a handful of shows I religiously watch every week and since its summer, they aren't on. My usual tv lineup includes New Girl on Tuesdays, Modern Family and Whitney on Wednesdays, and Grey's Anatomy on Thursdays. If I've got nothing better to do, I will occassionally sit and watch Chris's multitude of shows (with him), which range from The Office, Parks and Rec and Workaholics to True Blood, 30 Rock, and various golf tournaments and other sporting events. Or when I'm really bored and Chris isn't hogging the remote, I might watch reruns of my old favorites, such as Friends, Gilmore Girls, and Sex and the City.
Chris, on the other hand, watches tv all the time (or at least what I think is all the time). He started to realize this last week and made a vow on Sunday to do his best this week to not spend every weekday evening on the couch. Little did he know he was going to get some extra help with this!
So instead of filling our evenings with whatever we can find on TV, we have spent them reading, taking the dogs on walks, talking, wrestling with the dogs (Chris), pinteresting (me), and doing some online shopping (mostly me). I will say, it has been a nice change and hopefully once we get the cable hooked up, we won't fall back in to our old ways (despite having free HBO and the NFL package).
No comments:
Post a Comment