Copy & Paste This Code:

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Thursday (not so fun) surprise

As I walked in the front door after work Thursday evening, carrying my laptop bag and purse, still donning my business casual attire, I was jumped on by Mags. After pushing him down and scolding him, I looked down to find a big muddy paw print on my pink top and my purse covered in brown dirt. As I opened the door wider, I noticed the gray and white rug in the entryway had brown spots all over it.  “What is going on?” raced through my mind as I walked further in to the house to find mud splattered on the walls and a trail of brown prints all over the off white carpet in the living room. I was fuming. I got a closer look at Mags and Shelby right before they dashed back out the doggy door to find them both covered in mud. Ah ha!

I woke up Chris, who was taking a nap on the couch and missing the mud party, maybe accidentally misplacing my anger at the poochies with him. It took him a couple minutes to come to and understand why I was so upset. Being the easy-going guy that he is, he immediately started laughing at the situation at hand. Then he went outside and found the source of our problems: the dogs (most likely Mags) had dug a hole in a dirt spot by the fence, which had filled with water during that afternoon's thunderstorm and turned in to a muddy pool that the dogs could not resist playing in. Remember that old movie, Beethoven, with the Saint Bernard? And the scene where he tracked mud all over the house? That is exactly what it looked like. Looking back now, I wish I had taken pictures to share.

I quickly put on some clothes not covered in mud and Chris and I jumped in to action scrubbing the walls and cleaning the floors. As we were bathing the dogs, I realized the humor in the situation and that it was no one’s fault, busted out laughing and apologized to Chris for yelling at him the way I did. He was fine and joined in the giggling. After also scrubbing the bathtub, we made sure to lock the doggy door so we wouldn’t have a repeat. It took us two days, 4 bags of gravel, and one carpet cleaning appointment to get all the mud cleaned up.

No comments:

Post a Comment